New Delhi, Aug 1 - India asserted Saturday it had provided enough evidence to Pakistan to prosecute Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, and it was now for Islamabad to proceed against him. The home ministry has also prepared a fresh dossier on the attack, which will be given to Pakistan soon.
'There is enough evidence to proceed against Saeed,' Home Minister P. Chidambaram said at a press conference here to detail the activities of his ministry during July.
'The evidence provided in three dossiers is, in our view, sufficient to investigate role of Hafiz Saeed (in the Mumbai carnage),' the minister said, adding: 'The investigations in Pakistan will also throw up enough evidence.'
Saeed, who had been placed under house arrest in December after the UN proscribed the JuD in the wake of the Nov 26-29, 2008 Mumbai attacks, was released by the Lahore High Court in June citing lack of evidence.