29-11-25
மயிரிழையில் தப்பினோம்காங்கிரஸ் முடிவு - தி.மு.க. நிம்மதி !கமல்ஹாசனின் கருத்துமழை !"இந்திய கலாச்சாரம் தான் இங்குள்ள இஸ்லாமியர்களின் கலாச்சாரமாக இருக்க முடியும்!" - பா.ஜ.க. சிறுபான்மை பிரிவு தேசியச் செயலாளர் வேலூர் இப்ராஹிம்ஏழையின் குழந்தையை I.A.S.ன் குழந்தையுடன் ஒப்பிடுவதா?தி.மு.க. - 75, இன்னொரு கிழக்கிந்தியக் கம்பெனி - 2"கூட்டணியில் எந்தக் குழப்பமும் கிடையாது" - மாணிக்கம் தாகூர் எம்.பி.சிராக் பாஸ்வான் ஆவாரா, திருமாவளவன் ...அ.தி.மு.க.வுடன் கூட்டணியா? மறுக்கும் த.வெ.க. ....!கோவை வேளாண்மை மாநாட்டில் பிரதமர்தி.மு.க. அரசின் நான்காண்டு சாதனை - ஒரு பார்வை - 25துரைமுருகனின் புத்திரபாசம்டெல்லி டைரிமஹாபாரதம் பேசுகிறது - சோடியர் மிஸ்டர் துக்ளக்கார்டூன் சத்யாகார்டூன் ராஜுகார்டூன் அட்டை
Email to editor
Email to Support
Thuglak Online Store
Cho's Collections


Kathadi Ramamurthi's


Tamil Telefilms
6 VCD/DVD Collections


Bharatanatyam
5 - VCD/DVD Collections


Yoga
8 - VCD/DVD Collections


Carnatic Music - Vocal
25 - VCD/DVD Collections


Devotional
21 - VCD/DVD Collections


Carnatic Music - Instrument
10 - VCD/DVD Collections


Mouli's
6 - VCD/DVD Collections


Crazy's
22 - VCD/DVD Collections


S.Ve.Shekher's
15 - VCD/DVD Collections


Kuchupudi
6 VCD/DVD Collections


Y.Gee.Mahendra's
8 - VCD/DVD Collections


Dummies Drama's
6 - VCD/DVD Collections

Sentencing in 2003 Mumbai twin blasts case on Tuesday

Category :India Sub Category :National
2009-08-03 00:00:00
   Views : 352

Mumbai, Aug 3 - The prosecution will advocate the noose but the defence will argue for life sentence Tuesday when a special court pronounces the quantum of sentence for the husband-wife team and their aide convicted for the August 2003 twin bombings in Mumbai.

Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA) Special Judge M.R. Puranik had found Mohammed Hanif Sayed, his wife Fahimida M. H. Sayed and their associate Ashrat Shafique Ansari guilty of carrying out the Aug 25, 2003, blasts in Gateway of India and Zaveri Bazar in which 54 people were killed and 244 injured.

The special judge is expected to announce the sentence in the verdict after the prosecution and defence argue on the quantum of punishment for the guilty tomorrow.

'This is a major jolt for the LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) and it is the first time in India that a family has been found guilty of carrying out terrorist operations. In view of the serious charges against them, we shall seek the most stringent - death penalty - for the accused,' prosecution lawyer Ujjwal Nikam said last week.

The defence lawyers, however, are adopting different strategies.

Ashrat's lawyer S. Kunjuraman said that he would 'remain totally silent' in the court.

'This is a baseless and meaningless judgement. There is not an iota of evidence against my client (Ashrat) to hold him guilty. I shall move the Bombay High Court, whatever be the outcome tomorrow,' Kunjuraman told IANS.

The Sayeds laywer Wahab Khan said he would strongly oppose the prosecution plea for death penalty and push for life sentences.




Author :Indo Asian News Service



Bookmark and Share

Related News

  • Canadian PM to visit Golden Temple Tuesday
  • I was sold to Lashkar by my father: Mumbai attacker Kasab
  • Canadian PM to visit Golden Temple Tuesday
  • I was sold to Lashkar by my father: Mumbai attacker Kasab
  • Second swine flu case reported in Himachal Pradesh
  • Case against Sukhram referred to larger high court bench
  • NCP MP gets bail in Nimbalkar murder case
  • Vayalar slams Vijayan for trying to drag Antony in graft case